Braco single compression Brass Cable Glands are suitable for armoured /unarmoured
cables. These are manufactured out of brass castings and are machined accurately to the
required sizes.These glands are nickel plated to avoid corrosion while storage and use.
Each gland comprises of Brass Body with nipple thread as per I.S. 12943:1990
Compression nut , Check nut, Rubber Ring and three metal washers .The detail parts are
shown in the functional drawing.
These glands are weather proof and water tight and have provision for earthing the armoured cables .These glands are available in various different sizes and are suitable for all cables upto 1000 sq .mm. and control cables upto 61 cores .The entry thread on gland body is normally threaded according to IS 1653(Steel conduits for electric wiring). However if any special kind of thread required, the same can be supplied. The glands can be supplied with special plating such as cadmium,tin or passivated.
- Washers of soft metal will be provided for ﬁrm gripping of armour
- Earth tag will be provided if required at extra cost
- PVC protective shrouds can be supplied at extra cost.
- Washers between rubber ring are supplied for uniform radial gripping.
- O.D of cable should be less than D-3
- Diameter of cable underneath the overall sheating for unarmoured cable and underneath the armouring for armoured cables is not more than D-34.
- Selection of rubber ring is made such that the dia over armouring for armoured cables and dia underneath the overall sheathing for unarmoured cable is less than rubber
- Compression Nut
- Brass Body
- Three Metal Washers
- Rubber Ring
- Check Nut
- Nickle Plated