Braco Corrosion Inhabiting Compound is recommended for crimping connections. It is suggested where conditions are particularly aggressive such as chemical or salt-laden atmospheres or where inspection and cleaning are not regular.
Braco Corrosion Inhabiting Compound is mixture of Grey Lithium based grease with abrasive particles and suspended Zinc particles, which assist in jointing because as metal flows under pressure the abrasive particles cause small area of cold welding:
- Corrosion Inhibit or does not affect the electrical properties of the compression joint.
- It is non-corrosive to aluminium, copper, steel, tin, zinc and combination of these metals.
- It does not deteriorate on exposure to atmosphere at conduct or operating temperature.
- It has good sealing properties against moisture and contaminating substances in the atmosphere It has high temperature drop point.
The mixture contains:
- Grey Lithium based grease 85%
- Zinc Chromate 5%
- Titanium Dioxide 10%